I think it is human nature to be hard on ourselves, especially women. We always seem to find room for improve. Not that it's a bad thing, it can help us grow and become a better person. However, I think we sometimes have a tendency to be too hard on ourselves. When we are too critical simple tasks can seem monumental, causing as to feel like we don't measure up. We start to question why things aren't working out; or we wonder what is wrong with us. In the book "I Hope You Know How Much I Love You!" by John Bytheway, there is a section about contentment where he quotes Marjorie Pay Hinckley, "We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at the pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are." He goes on to say, "Being content allows you to be yourself. It means you can stop comparing yourself and stop competing with the other people around you. I'm convinced that contentment is a spiritual gift, while competition is a man-made distraction from what is really important." For my birthday Kassie got me this necklace from Lucky Feather.
The Queen Within- Wear this necklace and be your own crowning glory. Whenever I wear this necklace I am reminded that I am a daughter of God, that has an important role to play. I think we all need to be reminded of our worth at times.
"Heart Tappings- There are moments in your life when it feels like your spirit is tapping on your heart just to remind you why you still exist...
I exist to love my family and enjoy their love in return.
I exist because my Savior has a job for me to do, on this Earth, and I'm not finished yet.
I exist because I want to change others lives with my job.
I exist because I have a body that works and allows me to feel sun on my shoulders and wind on my face.
I exist because I am going to be a mother one day.
I exist because I want to make every ordinary moment be extraordinary. And now I take a deep breath, close my eyes... And those harder days don't feel as hard. Thank you Heavenly Father...Now I remember (Taken from Jennie Newbold's blog).
Dear Jody, you are amazing. I love your posts! ps. the cookout and hanging out at your place last night was so fun! Just what I needed ^_^ Love you!
ReplyDeleteAh Tari you're too sweet! I love you too! We need to play soon!
ReplyDelete