Highlights of my week:
We also met with the Harveys this week. They just moved here from Logan and have been our fellowshipper for Matt & Sarah. We asked them to continue to keep track of them and they told us that they talk almost every day. And I guess Matt really opened up to Brother Harvey about his family being against meeting with us. So sad! I truly believe it will all work out in time though. Speaking of families being against meeting with the missionaries :) We are starting to teach Dave this week! We just re-activated his dad, Ernie. And now we want to baptize Dave. I guess when Dave was 13 he met with the missionaries and on the day of his baptism his mom revoked permission. And then she proceeded to make him read anti every day for quite a while. But now he's 20 and living with Ernie. So yeah we're excited to start teaching him.
English class FINALLY starts tomorrow! We're so excited! It has been a long process but it's all starting to work out now. It's all the ward could talk about yesterday. We've had so many members offer assistance. And they're making cookies for it every week until the end of April. I love the Northville ward! They're so supportive of missionary work. Sadly, I won't be there for the first class because President has decided to do exchanges for all of the sisters tonight. But that's alright. I'm going to Ann Arbor and I will be on U of M campus contacting tomorrow. I think it will be good for me. I get so nervous talking to people on the street. Put them behind a door and I'm set though :) I definitely think I'll learn a lot, and I'm excited to help out at the institute tomorrow.
English class FINALLY starts tomorrow! We're so excited! It has been a long process but it's all starting to work out now. It's all the ward could talk about yesterday. We've had so many members offer assistance. And they're making cookies for it every week until the end of April. I love the Northville ward! They're so supportive of missionary work. Sadly, I won't be there for the first class because President has decided to do exchanges for all of the sisters tonight. But that's alright. I'm going to Ann Arbor and I will be on U of M campus contacting tomorrow. I think it will be good for me. I get so nervous talking to people on the street. Put them behind a door and I'm set though :) I definitely think I'll learn a lot, and I'm excited to help out at the institute tomorrow.
Love, Sister Mecham
No comments:
Post a Comment