Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sweet Summer time!

Hi Friends!
I kept feeling like I needed to blog. I have had several drafts written since I last wrote, but I just couldn't seem to get in right. So, here goes! When I first moved to Idaho it was because of a job offer I accepted in Emmett/Payette. I worked for that particular agency for about two months before I quit. I wasn't getting the hours I needed and it was a long drive (commuting from Meridian to Payette). And quite honestly I was not made to help rehabilitate adults! Haha I have no patience for them :) But the Lord definitely guides our lives because I accepted an even better job in Nampa working with children. I have been with CenterPointe since the middle of June, and I have LOVED it! I am a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (PSRS) which is just a fancy term for "bossing kids around and teaching/telling them how to live their lives." I have clients that I work with in the community, as well as, clients that I work with in school. I'm working at Gateways Elementary which is an alternative school for children with severe behaviors. Most of the clients we work with have experienced severe trauma (generally abuse in some form), and we help them work through it. I love it so much- I get 3 recesses a day! What could be better? But that's enough about work. I had a blast this summer! Seriously, I was fortunate enough to only work about 10 hours a week this summer and I pretty much spent the rest of my time playing.  

The end of June we had a family reunion in Eastern Idaho near Jackson Hole.



I spent the 4th of July with Kassie and her sweet family! It truly was the perfect day!
Photo: Happy 4th of July! #purehappiness

Joshua and I on the 4th- this boy melts my heart
Photo: This boy melts my heart


I spent my 25th birthday at a David Nail concert. Yes, you read that right I am now extremely old. Ha but the concert was amazing and it was ONLY $5!
Photo: 25th birthday! David Nail Concert! #itwastheperfectday #girlsnight

Continuing my birthday weekend festivities I was in the front row at the Josh Turner concert. Two concerts in two days- it was the best!
Photo: Front row at the Josh Turner concert! Best birthday weekend ever! #purehappiness #lifeisohsogood


I went to Logan the beginning of August for Josh's 1st birthday
Displaying IMG_20140802_215909.jpg

Best friend reunion in Logan. Love these girls! "I never seem to laugh now like I did with them"- Turning Home by David Nail- great song! Listen to it!
Displaying IMG_20140802_224933.jpg

Saw Thompson Square the middle of August at the Western Idaho State Fair

Displaying IMG_20140823_032532.jpg

Rode a Ferris Wheel for the 1st time too!
Displaying IMG_20140823_034128.jpg

And I spent Labor Day in Blackfoot with Britt, Brad, and the kids. We took them to Ross Park and Zeke was a WILD man! Haha he absolutely loved it!
Displaying 0901141617a.jpg

Jen and Orie spent a week in Boise as well, but sadly we didn't take any pictures. I love summer and I'm sad to see it go. However, I am loving football season thus far. I love watching my Aggies play! Ha it doesn't mix well with the local BSU crowd, though :)


*August 26th was my 6 months home from my mission mark. I can't believe it has been that long. I think about it every single day! I will forever be grateful to the Lord for allowing me to serve. Life is crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers