Monday, July 25, 2016

It's My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To

July 24th to July 25th is only a mere 24 hours. 24 hours shouldn't make that much of an impact on my life, after all it's only 1 day. However, for me it meant going from age 26 to age 27. Or in my mind going from my mid 20's to my late 20's. It has been an extremely rough day for me. 27 is the loneliest number. I always pictured that by 27 I would be married and have a child or 2. And why not? Many of my peers do, it wasn't wrong for me to presume I would follow suit. But here I sit single and dare I say lonely? I hate using that word-lonely- there's such a negative connotation that goes with it. For me it falls into the category of weakness or vulnerability. But that is how I feel and I shouldn't be ashamed to voice it. In fact when people ask me about being single I almost feel like I have to apologize to them for it. Umm sorry I haven't met the right person. Sorry I haven't started a family. Sorry I'm still just taking care of myself. Sorry, sorry, sorry... It's human nature to desire companionship and love. Many genres of music, television, and books all depict this innate human need to show love and be loved in return. In fact according to The Beatles "All You Need Is Love." It isn't wrong of me to want this too. Thankfully I am a fiercely independent person. I think Heavenly Father knew I needed to be in order for me to continue on without getting discouraged. Most days I'm okay with it and I try my best to cherish my "single" moments. The moments I know I would miss if I was settled down with a family. I'm one that has to have alone time in order to stay sane and not go bat shit crazy. I enjoy spending time with myself. I have no qualms about going to movies by myself or other things. I thoroughly enjoy my own company. That being said it doesn't mean that I don't struggle with being single at times or that I am afraid that I'm not progressing. So, today I can be sad because "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" but tomorrow I will hold my head high and continue to look to the future with faith and optimism.        "Find Your Own Way" posters, pillows, tote bags & more by Alicia Bock on Redbubble. Discover your own path. Make your own destiny.:     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers